Say good bye to Phils dynasty

Discussion in 'Smack' started by g state ben, Apr 8, 2009.

1. g state ben

g state ben New Member

We all know that if they faced any other team than the Rays they likely would have been swept in the WS last year.

Their absolutely inept performance against Derek Lowe and Jair Jurrjens must have Phans nervous. Folks, it's only going to get worse. You will struggle to win 85 games this year and if Hamels is not able to pitch effectively, you have no shot.

Time for the Braves to rise from the ashes. Best pitching staff in the division.
  2. Hassell4Prez

Hassell4Prez New Member

BRAVES!!!!!!!!!!!

I miss my season ticks from when I lived in ATL, watching baseball on TV is tough for 160 games.

However, we have a pretty good team this year and we are better then the Marline and Nats, our race w the Mets and Phils (who both suck) will be very exciting as we have the youngest group...
  3. MasonCAA

MasonCAA Active Member

remember when ODU fans were pimping the "Dynasty" idea after their first and only CAA title in 10 years?

to funny.
  4. ShoeSh1ne

ShoeSh1ne New Member

Yeah, not really a dynasty yet.
  5. g state ben

g state ben New Member

Dynasty talk was merely sarcastic.

That word is often overused but I like this definition:

A sports dynasty is a team that dominates their sport or league for multiple seasons or years. Such dominance is often only realized in retrospect. Whether a team has achieved a dynasty is often subjective, and can be a frequent topic of debate among sports fans.
  6. ViCtorioUs

ViCtorioUs New Member

But Ben, it is just a tad early to start making assumptions about the long MLB season. Here is a fact for you though, this is the fourth straight season that the Phils have lost their first two games.
  7. g state ben

g state ben New Member

And looking like they'll lose a 3rd in a row. Getting swept by a team that won 72 games last season. Not good.
  8. RaminCrazies

RaminCrazies New Member

Hell, you can lose your first 10 games in a row....win 6 games out of every 10 games from the rest of the season and end up with over 90 wins and a playoff spot.
  9. TheYellowWig10

TheYellowWig10 New Member

until the braves showed why they only won 72 games last year......
  10. ShoeSh1ne

ShoeSh1ne New Member

The baseball season is way too long.
  11. Timer

Timer Moderator

The Mets have thought so the past two years..... :D
  12. Seahawk Nation 08

Seahawk Nation 08 New Member

My theory: Too many latin players.

The Mets' bats always seem to take a while to get heated up and cool down late in the season. Same pattern as the weather. Latin players are used to warmer climates. The Mets have more latin players (by far) than any other team. So there you go.
  13. seahawkhoopsforever

seahawkhoopsforever Active Member

Now Hamels lays a complete Egg and they have worries about his arm/velocity.... could be a long year in Philly!
  14. sportsjunkie21

sportsjunkie21 New Member

Yeah I told my buddy who is a huge Phillies fan that Hamels will have tommy john surgery before the season is over.
  15. g state ben

g state ben New Member

Mets will finally wise up and fire Omar. Phillies won't make the Playoffs and the city will get angrier. Braves win division and Marlins win WC. Any questions?
  16. TribeNomad

TribeNomad New Member

Ask the Nationals their opinion..........
  17. Heywood Jablomi

Heywood Jablomi New Member

Uh, Phils looked pretty good slapping the Yanks around this week.
  18. seahawkhoopsforever

they beat the Yanks 2 outta 3 in 3 really close games! Wouldnt exactly call that "slapping around"
  19. drexeljay14

drexeljay14 New Member

lol.. clearly that explains why the Mets blew it last year because their bullpen couldn't hold a lead... I have heard some dumb theories - but this one takes the cake!
  20. Seahawk Nation 08

Seahawk Nation 08 New Member

Do you comprehend humor?
  21. Heywood Jablomi

And the Phils complete the 10 game road trip with a 7-3 record (two blown saves in LA away from going 9-1!)
    Nice to go into that cesspool in NY, and take 2 of 3, pushing the lead to 4 games over the Mutts.
    Ibanez is so money.
  22. seahawkhoopsforever

He is money, and all i can say is at 37 ,, things that make ya go hmmmmm!?!?!?
  23. Heywood Jablomi

I said a week or two ago that people were going to start questioning the guy. Here's the obvious response, why would a guy his age, who just signed a multi year deal, START taking stuff? If he was going to start, LAST year would have been the obvious season to do so, since he was heading into a FA season.
    I think it's a case of a guy who's been a good hitter on a bad team, in a pitcher's park, playing in the best lineup in the league, in a hitter's park. On top of that, he's a real pro, who probably feels pressure to elevate his game coming to the best team in baseball, in a ridiculous lineup.
  24. seahawkhoopsforever

I'm not saying he did or he didn't! Hes been around baseball a long time, it's good to see relatively good guys get thiers! Not only am I a Yanks fan i am a fan of the game & like to see good baseball!
    Now the best team in baseball? I think the dodgers would have something to say about that , and records don't lie!
  25. Heywood Jablomi

This thread has died, due to the Phils bludgeoning teams left and right. Just thought I'd point out they are 19-3 in their last 22 games, running away from an overmatched NL East (they'd beat the rest of the teams' All Stars), and just added the 2008 AL Cy Young Winner.
    Can't WAIT for the parade this year. Hopefully it doesn't fall on Halloween again.
  26. seahawkhoopsforever

LOL crawls into hiding until his team makes a trade... now is counting on his team winning it all :roll: Lemme guess you were the classless phillies fan with the laser at the game on Saturday :roll: the only fans more classless than Philly fans is,,, oh wait THERE IS NOT ANY!
  27. Heywood Jablomi

Hmmm, let's see. There was a SHOOTING at a Padres' game this year, a STABBING at a Dodgers game this year...but a laser pointer is worse? Gotcha, moron.
    Oh, and I crawled into a hole until the Phils made a trade? Are you retarded? The Phils are the defending champs, will walk away with their third straight division title, and have gone 19-3 in their last twenty two games going into last night. Yeah, I really needed to wait for a trade to feel confident in the Phils. :roll: Way to pay attention.
    BTW, for the record, I agree that there are a TON of idiots at Philadelphia sporting events...just like there are at pretty much every other venue in the World. Think its better in NY? Boston? Chicago, Oakland, LA?
  28. seahawkhoopsforever

Yes it is better at all the cities you mentioned. None of the cities you mentioned have ever had a JAIL at thier PARK! :roll:
  29. Gomasongo05

Gomasongo05 New Member

I think they still have a jail at the Linc.
  30. J.B.

J.B. Active Member

No jail at the Linc. But why are you guys ripping on the Vet for making things convienent? All other NFL venues would make the drunks leave the stadium in the paddy wagon and get sentenced at the local court. The Vet offered one stop shopping so to speak. :lol: