RPI Observations

Discussion in 'Smack' started by Seahawk Nation 08, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Seahawk Nation 08

Seahawk Nation 08 New Member

Let me preface this by saying that mid-December is too early to give much credence to the RPI. Nevertheless, I found a few things interesting:

1) Despite being 3-4 and getting drubbed by Mason, we're 74th in RPI, 4th best in a conference that is ranked 11th in the nation at the moment. Playing on the road so much and doing so against a pretty tough schedule (as its turned out) can't have hurt.

2) NC A&T, who handed us our worst loss RPI-wise, hasn't lost since beating us, and is ranked 124th. They'll continue to help our RPI with strength of schedule-boosting road games against Stanford, Arizona State, and Arkansas up next.

3) Surprisingly, none of our upcoming 7 games are against teams in the RPI top 150. Wake (# 248), Radford (# 329), Illinois State (# 222), Campbell (# 192), Toledo (# 288), W&M (# 225), and Georgia State (# 226) are all RPI weaklings, though they won't play us that way.
  2. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

Our last homegame was on Nov 18 and we dont play in Trask again until Dec 18. Brutal........
  3. ClevelandHawk

ClevelandHawk New Member

In that case our RPI will probably drop significantly over the next few weeks due to playing all of the teams you mentioned 08.

Not that it matters much, but I don't see us as even needing to pay attention to our RPI this year. Seems like kind of a waste of time to me.
  4. SEA33HAWK

SEA33HAWK Active Member

It doesn't mean much in the big picture, but it is a positive note. And we will drop, but it still looks nice since we can only hope for a mediocre season and see it as successful with the cards we have been dealt this year.
  5. CAATony

CAATony Guest

It will drop for sure. Only four games against the current top 100 the rest of the season. 8 against the top 150. The ones you currently ply i the top 100 might not be there when you play them. I don't see any of the others moving into the top 100. Should make for a pretty successful season in the W-L column.
  6. jumpinmullet

jumpinmullet Active Member

That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read on this board.
  7. seahawkhoopsforever

seahawkhoopsforever Active Member

What did you expect?
  8. CAATony

CAATony Guest

Let me bullet point it for you so you can understand.

* UNC-w has four games scheduled against teams in the current top 100 RPI
    * The rest of the games are against teams with RPIS over 150
    * The teams you have scheduled with an RPI lower than 100, might be over 100 by the time you play them. This is because they too, will be playing CAA teams and it will effect their RPI especially if they lose one or two.
    * The teams scheduled with RPI's currently over 100 will not get better than 100 because of their schedules.

So, in summary, UNC-w currently has 4 games the rest of the season scheduled against schools with a 100 RPI or better. UNC-w should be able to get some wins with such an easy schedule. get it now?
  9. ClevelandHawk

ClevelandHawk New Member

Is ezu that bad this year that you have nothing better to do than come pretend you know anything about UNCW basketball?
  10. CAATony

CAATony Guest

No, actually I think ECU is probably the better of the two teams. Thanks for asking.
  11. SEA33HAWK

SEA33HAWK Active Member

He apparently can't get any attention on his own boards, so he thinks we care to hear his drivel over here. For some reason he just can't get the message that we don't give a damn about his opinion.
  12. CAATony

CAATony Guest

Just trying to help you guys out with some facts. I noticed no one tried to argue what was said. Must be easier to attack the messenger. Whatever.
  13. Seahawk Nation 08

Thanks for sharing. Now go back to your cave.
  14. seahawkhoopsforever

In Greenville its a shack or trailer, get it right!
  15. CAATony

CAATony Guest

bahahahahahahahahahahaha Another trailer joke!? Man they get funnier every-time you use them.

Now about the facts that were stated? Nothing? thought so.
  16. Seahawk Nation 08

Seriously, go the hell away. No, really.
  17. Seahawk Nation 08

So I'm watching the ODU-ECU game, and a commercial popped up for ECU. Apparently East Carolina has a new slogan from its admissions office. "ECU: A real option". Seriously, that's the best they could come up with, Tony?

What will it be next? "ECU: No longer a safety school. For reals dawg."
  18. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

Unfortunately we have not had the opportunity to play cupcakes like Erskine,Lenoir Rhyne,UNCG,Fayetteville ST,SC Upstate,Campbell,Charlotte(twice). This is why phony bologne Tony is trying to downplay our schedule.....
  19. seahawkhoopsforever

Not to mention 7 of thier 10 games have been at home, and now they are 0-1 against the
    LESSER CAA
  20. ClevelandHawk

ClevelandHawk New Member

Facts? FACTS?! FACTS!!!!

YOU can't handle the FACTS!

What is ECU's RPI these days????
  21. Seahawk Nation 08

Last I checked they were "NR". What does that mean? Does it mean "# 1?" A little help here Tony.
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  22. billthebighawkfan

billthebighawkfan Moderator

Fellas,
    There isn't a need to go there cause we aren't exactly were we want to be either. The hope is that we will do the best we can this year and go higher next year. If you aren't in the top 100 or so, there is much work to be done and until we get enough players that can play,sub in and know how to play, it's gonna be tough to do. I'd wait for a while, maybe next year, to talk a little bit.
  23. SEA33HAWK

SEA33HAWK Active Member

The thing is Bill, we don't care to banter with Tony. Enven if we were doing better, he doesn't come here to contribute anything worth reading. He is here only to cause hate and discontent. At least Jonesin can actually participate at times with respect. ECUtwink was the best at bantering and keeping it real. And I can't say that we have always been fair to our ECU counterparts, but I have never gone on their threads to troll for comments about us. No need to be so thin skinned.
  24. seahawkhoopsforever

As much as i participate in some of the banter i can honestly say that i have never stepped foot on thier board and have no desire too... It's the whole napoleon's complex thing with them
  25. jumpinmullet

jumpinmullet Active Member

By the way COC has a great incoming class and it would be great to see the UNCW freshman compete against them every year.I am not a fan of any rivalry that does not play every year or is one sided by either team.Kind of like Red Sox vs Yankees was bogus because the Sox didn't win for 90 years.UNCW needs a real rivalry to dig into every year and right now there is no such game.
  26. ClevelandHawk

ClevelandHawk New Member

This can not be overstated. It's the cold hard truth.
  27. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

CoC landed a top notch post player right? Goutelock seems like he has been around for 8 Years now. We should play Cocevery year.
  28. SEA33HAWK

SEA33HAWK Active Member

I will agree with Jumpin. The biggest rivalry potential for us is C of C and Coastal.
  29. CAATony

CAATony Guest

It's 123 and going to go up about 20 points in the morning. What's UNCW's?
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
  30. getmhawks06

getmhawks06 New Member

Dear Tony,

Thanks for posting big guy. Been a while. Love to hear from you. Congrats on the stellar season you guys are having. Maybe we can play you all now that the old coach is gone. Keep living the dream up in the ville.

Warm regards!