OT: Armed suspect, possible hostage situation at ECU

Discussion in 'Smack' started by Seahawk Nation 08, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Seahawk Nation 08

Seahawk Nation 08 New Member

Got this message from an ECU student:

"There's a gunman on campus here. Sorry to put it in here but I'm on my itouch and it's almost dead. I'm in a safe building, but it's next to where the gunman is. We're being told there are hostages. Please keep ecu in your thoughts and prayers guys"

And something about it was reported here: http://www.wnep.com/sns-rt-us-crime-universitytre7af1op-20111116,0,7582736.story

We get into arguments all the time with ECU fans, but this is something beyond sports. Keep everyone at ECU in your prayers.
  2. Seahawk Nation 08

Seahawk Nation 08 New Member

And this is under 48 hours after a gunman was on UNCW's campus too. I don't know if its a coincidence.

UPDATE: Yes, this is definitely a different person. The one at ECU has an AK47 whereas the guy at UNCW had a pistol.
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  3. SeahawkCentral

SeahawkCentral New Member

no hostages as reported by ecu police. Has the AK been verified by anyone other than student rumors?

EDIT: all clear given
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  4. BigDoubleU

BigDoubleU Member

I heard the Penguin was on ECU's campus. He does carry an umbrella machine gun.
  5. seahawkhoopsforever

seahawkhoopsforever Active Member

Word is it was a fighting Camel Celebrating
  6. Young_Blood1

Young_Blood1 New Member

The guy never had a gun it was an umbrella... Its EZU they get easily confused.
  7. Akrug

Akrug New Member

EZU students carrying umbrellas when it's not raining totally confused the EZU police.
  8. witsendhawk

witsendhawk New Member

maybe the umbrella guy was the same student that ran across the field at halftime of their game buck naked
  9. billthebighawkfan

billthebighawkfan Moderator

Campbell tends to pull off stuff like that at home and we can't talk because they did that to us last year when we blew a big lead. ECU had that game won and let them back in to the game just like we did last year. They are a pretty tough team to beat when they get it going at home. You have to pound them down low if you can but they have a very good PG just like ECU.
  10. seahawkhoopsforever

The difference Bill is we knew our team was suspect according to him they should never lose to camels
  11. jumpinmullet

jumpinmullet Active Member

Campbell has won in Trask and at home vs UNCW and they can be very good at home.I think it was the year they made the NCAA tourney that they beat UNCW here and later lost to Duke in the first round game.A player from Wilmington shot the Seahawks out.
  12. 70sHawk

70sHawk Active Member

Losing to Campbell I will not make fun of.

Shutting down a school for three hours over a guy with an umbrella is another matter...
  13. seahawkhoopsforever

The point here guys is this a$$ clown gave it tp us when we lost to Campbell, time to give it back!
  14. witsendhawk

witsendhawk New Member

weather.com reporting light showers today in Pitt county - anyone know if they are in lockdown yet?
  15. SeahawkCentral

SeahawkCentral New Member

A picture of the suspect

profile-penguin.jpg
  16. Akrug

Akrug New Member

Wonder if the fans will have their umbrellas confiscated if they try to bring them in to tonight's game against the Coker Cobras?

(BTW, with wins over Francis Marion and UNCP, I think EZU is the underdog in this one. )
  17. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

Better safe than sorry.

Campbell just beat NC A&T 94-66 last game to go to 3-0 and they have 3 players averaging 18+ppg, two of them are newcomers. One a nice freshman PG I wish we had signed, and the other is a transfer Darren White from JMU who was an all CAA freshman. They are a lot better than last year and you guys probably shouldn't be throwing many stones since you still have to play them. They have a nice looking team this year.
  18. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

Campbell beat Houston Baptist,Ezu and NCA+T. Ezu beat Milligan,Chowan and lost to a team that beat Houston Baptist, NCA+T. You have played nobody and your nobody opponents have played nobody.
  19. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

I've seen your team play a couple times and I would put money on Campbell beating you at home this year. I'll be very curious to what that line is when that game comes around. As far as the schedule, we'll see what our SOS's rank at the end of the year. #41 and #174 last year. Doubt it's close this year as poor as the CAA is looking so far.
  20. witsendhawk

witsendhawk New Member

you will struggle against Chowan on Saturday and you and your godhelpuncw sidekick will go into meltdown. The bad for you is you have upperclassmen so even though you want to believe things are changing for Pirate hoops they really aren't . Morrow is Sr who was a good get for yall from SC but when he's gone next year you are back to below level talent. Always trying to find a quick fix by bringing in transfers never really works.
  21. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

3-1 against Milligan,Coker,Campbell and Chowan. Even our beatwriter said ezu's schedule is a joke.
  22. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

I would like to see his exact quote, but my short answer to that would be your CAA schedule is a joke. Your conference is endanger of not even finishing in the top 20 conf's as bad as it is playing right now. CUSA is having another banner year, did you see UCF beat UConn, Houston Ark, Marshall, Cincy etc, etc when you start your overated crap later on. We'll get all we want and more playing in CUSA east. There was no need for us to schedule a difficult OOC and have another #40 SOS like last year.

Also we are 4-1, you left out the 20 point road beatdown of App, beats 0-4 with 4 road games coming up. BTW here's your update on the scrub from Mizz

17.4ppg 3.8rpg 5.8apg 2.0spg in 27 mpg 14-25 3pointers (56%) 82% FT mull should run some effieciency stats on that.
  23. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

Read Mulls twitter to get his exact quotes. That is funny coming from you since you love to go in and edit peoples quotes and then put quotation marks around it.There you go again talking about other cusa teams to deflect from ezu's pathetic schedule. I saw a bunch of uncw freshmen hold their own against Marshall. Your scrubs #'s are skewed because you played Milligan,Coker and Chowan. Adam Smith is leading the team in scoring and all CAA freshmen in scoring. I wouldn't trade..
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2011
  24. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

We'll have plenty of opportunities to beat quality teams this year. Many more than your schedule provides. We can compare SOS after the season.

I read about that game and they were in control and never endanger of losing. Sounds like you guys got a little window dressing at the end to make the score look decent. Regardless we've had horrible teams beat mulitple Dwade legit top 10 final teams at home, more than "hold our own". Did that mean we were good or the future was bright back then. No. Just meant we played better a couple game than we were.

Anyone with eyes can see your team is bad. Half the game is also defense which he will probably be incapable of ever playing well as undersized as he is for his positon. He wouldn't play much on most top 100 teams. A 6-1 PG with an all around game or a 6-0 SG? Not a hard choice. We got our own undersized scorer coming in next year except he did it on a 27 win NIT champ as a freshman. Big difference. Someone has to score for you guys, but he's not doing much of anything else when he's on the court.
  25. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

Maryland,Dayton,Marshall and Davidson are 16-4 with Dayton playing in the Old Spice Championship in 5 minutes. 3 single digit losses with freshman playing more minutes than anybody in Div 1. Smith is so versatile and can create his own shot. He also plays some point..the best athlete on the team besides Rendleman. CAA Rookie of the Year pal..I wouldn't trade. His defense is improving. Your scrub has peaked and is padding the statline against non Div 1's.
  26. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

Enjoy your moral victories.

He better be able to because you run no offense and your PG's stink.

Haha. Sure he does.

Is this saying a lot? When you are a skinny 6' SG you better be athletic.

Put up points for a lousy team. He wouldn't even play 15 minutes a game right now for a good team.

Nor would I. We'll have an all CUSA performer for 2 years on good teams. You might have the CAA ROY because he plays on a lousy team with no one else to score, and plays in a lousy conference this year.

At 6' he will never bee a good defender, and your defense will suffer until you recruit over Ponder and get a 6-4 type PG that can guard the other teams SG for him that he's not capable of. He'll be a major weak link for your team until then.. He can't play PG or he would be as poor as your PG's play is this year. That's why he is at UNCW and didn't get BCS offers, because at his size he would have to be able to play PG to play at that level.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  27. seahawkhoopsforever

You would give your left nut to have Smith on your team he would lead that pathetic team in scoring as well!
  28. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

If you are going to quote me putz then quit editing my quotes and leaving out things. Friggen Fruitcake...too bad your @ss can't be banned.
  29. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

The guy is basically Tomko II without the boarderline PG skills he had. If you recall he averaged about 15 ppg too for bad teams as well, but at least Tomko could play some PG and you could get approprate sized players out there for defense and didn't screw you as much on that end. Good luck building your program around him, it worked so well the first time.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2011
  30. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

3 single digit losses to teams with a 12-3 record with more freshmen playing more minutes than any school in Div 1. Since you selectively cut that out as you were miss "quoting me...It is funny watching you trying to diss Smiths defense. Your scrub from Missouri is no defensive juggernaut. How many points did your team give up to the Chowans and Cokers? Those 1-2 point a game transfers sure are paying off.Only you would brag about his skewed numbers against mostly non Div 1 schools.