Help for the UNCW fans in the off season

Discussion in 'Smack' started by CAATony, Jun 3, 2011.

1. CAATony

CAATony Guest

Well, it's still baseball season for some of us, but that involves post season play, something you know little about. I am going to post some videos here for those UNC-w fans who make the trek to Greenville every fall. Maybe it'll help pass the time before your next disappointing basketball season.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jStyyReeZME&feature=related
  2. CAATony

CAATony Guest

3. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

They'll get to read more about us in their hometown paper.....

The survey says Wilmington's favorite college football team by a landslide.

Hopefully they send Mull to cover us, he does a good job.
  4. seahawkhoopsforever

seahawkhoopsforever Active Member

That's because of all the EZU grads that move to Wilmington to get the hell outta that $hithole..... just saying
  5. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

This was a survey of Star News subscribers. Any other time you'd claim our fans weren't sophisticated enough to concern themselves with such things as purchasing a newspaper. So if all those votes were ECU fans we must have a hell of an affluent fanbase by comparison to UNC and NC State to have more than twice as many readers. Either way you can't argue the numbers. We crushed UNC and NC State in the Star's poll and they are going to start sending a reporter 2 hours to cover some of our games.

ECU = Wilmington's Football Program

Now I know you, Bill, and Ralieghawk couldn't wait to get out of that crappy Wilmington job market to the Triangle, but you're welcome to jump on the bandwagon as well and adopt us like Wilmington did since you guys need a team to follow. We already get plenty of coverage in your hometown paper too so you can keep up with us over here.

http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/college/eastcarolina/
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
  6. seahawkhoopsforever

I root for UNCW and anyone whos playing UNC and ECU.... PERIOD

Nice try on the news paper comparison though, i would expect EZU fans to be reading a hard copy newspaper, thats what people do when they are behind on the times. Sure the job market in Wilmington isn't great but its still better than Greenville. The bottom line is people graduate from college and move to Wilmington, people graduate from college and leave Greenville. Bottom line..
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2011
  7. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

Wilmington is only 2 hours away from Raleigh,Durham,Rtp ect. The job market has always been better in the triangle which is why ezu grads move to the triangle. Fess up,you know you lived in Wilmington with your parents.I follow Penn State,Pittsburgh and nc State. I don't care to waste my day watching ezu play Alabama birmingham,tulsa,Texas el paso ect.
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  8. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

For a place that you guys say is so gold you sure haul after college. That's the bottom line. If you want to talk about college years and which is more fun for a student which is probably more pertinent to this discussion it's really not much of a contest.

#12 South Carolina in Charlotte
    #13 Virginia Tech in Greenville
    North Carolina in Greenville

That's just who we play the 1st month of this year RH. We play a regional schedule of home and homes with all the top teams our fanbase want to see, and muiltiple top 25 teams. We played 5 ranked teams last year alone and beat 2. We got about a top 40 fanbase now and that's why cities like Charlotte bring us in every 3 years to play showcase games in an NFL stadium. Looks like Wilmington's finally wising up about the potiental we bring. Hard to deny our pull around the state hasn't picked up the last few years. 450 articles written about us in Charlotte/Raleigh/Greensboro in the last 18 months.
  9. seahawkhoopsforever

You just proved my point. Of course they get coverage throughout the state because thier graduates FLEE as soon as they can!
  10. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

Are you really this stupid? Most people leave the city where they went to college. And there sure are a lot of ezu grads in the triangle. Wilmington is a great place to live and I would move back given the right opportunity. Nobody cares about watching ezu play army on channel 7.
  11. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

Yet you've had to see WITN broadcast somehow to be aware of them. Probably the fact those games are usually also simulcast through either MASN or CSS. That's not bad for our lowest tier games to still be put on the local NBC affiliate as well as two major regional networks in the South and Mid Atlantic. The rest of our games are national broadcast.

http://www.ecu.edu/undaunted/our_tv_audience.cfm

All those households tuning into our games aren't just ECU grads. We are picking up casual fans all over the state, and when UNC gets hammered by the NCAA and goes back to sucking, we could end up the most watched football team in NC.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  12. seahawkhoopsforever

13. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

Duh,people in eastern nc get channel 7. Most people watch cbs,espn,abc and the big 10 network for real football. The local ocals in and around greenville/eastern nc tune in to channel 7. Keep trying to pass yourself off as bigtime though...it is entertaining to read.
  14. SEA33HAWK

SEA33HAWK Active Member

WTFCares??????
  15. seahawkhoopsforever

The bottom line is if they were in-deed "bigtime" he wouldn't have to come here claiming they were, everyone would already know!
  16. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

So how then do you know about it? Probably because in many cases it's also shown in Raliegh and Wilmington as well on TWC or simulcast by MASN and CSS.

We've been on ESPN networks 22 times the previous 60 games. I'm also not sure how much more real football you can get than playing in an NFL Statdium vs the defending SEC east champs in game 1, or opening your home stadium vs the defending ACC champs the next game both ranked in the top 13.

We have close to a top 40 program by most any measure, and have had the best program in the state the last 5 years even with UNC cheating.

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1098612.html

We've already approved expansion of the stadium to 60k. In a few years we will likely have more fans watching us than either UNC or NC State.

Wilmington's football team...
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
  17. hawkfan4life

hawkfan4life New Member

How do I know about channel 7? Because I was born in eastern nc. I have not watched channel 7 since high school. I have been to greenville one time in 20 years and that was to watch Pittsburgh. You will never have more fans than unc or state
  18. StillJonesn

StillJonesn Guest

We out drew half the ACC last year and are already with in 6 and 8k fans of NC State and UNC. Very reasonable to believe when we have a 60k seat stadium in 5 years that we could very well surpass them. Especially with UNC likely headed for probation which will stall their program. You underestimate our fanbase. Just look at the game vs South Carolina in Charlotte. That's the defending SEC east champs and a national title contender that draws 80k fans, and we have only sold 5k less tickets. That's with us 4 hours away and them 1.5 hours away.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2011
  19. seahawkhoopsforever

Are you really that stupid? Look at where your graduates go when they graduate. A very large % in Charlotte and Raleigh. In fact i know at least 5 ECU Grads that live in Charlotte and they all went to that game. You are a large University, you have a large graduate base, all of whom got into football while at EZU because there was nothing else to do there. We get it! How's the boating around campus going?
  20. witsendhawk

witsendhawk New Member

This is a joke, right? Your FB teams had a losing season. Your basketball team hasnt had a winning record in 14 years.
  21. CAATony

CAATony Guest

No flooding around campus with this direct hit from Irene. Not sure what you would find finny about it though. Just another classless comment from you like after the flood after hurricane Floyd. lest you forget, your little school is in Wilmington, NC. because of you, i actually hope and pray that Wilmington gets slammed by a bad hurricane. I will be here to cheer you on during the tough times it creates.

Be careful traveling to Greenville to watch football next weekend though, there still might be quite a few trees down etc. Don't want you tog et hurt that way. I want you to die a horrible death in a hurricane that is slamming into Wilmington with all it's might.
  22. seahawkhoopsforever

And there we have it, Phoney arrives to throw in his 2 cents. No trip to Greenville my friend, A) i don't ever want to visit that $hithole, no reason. B) I have no interest in minor league football. I'd rather watch the local high school play! Thanks though

Maybe the flooding comment was a low blow, but in the same breath you call me classless you say " i wish Wilmington would take a direct hit" what does that make you?
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2011
  23. CAATony

CAATony Guest

Logged and saved. We'll see how you feel about it when UNC-w gets a FCS team. You know you'd cream your damn drawers if you could take ECU's spot in the football world. It's gonna be a tough year as Ruff continues to build, but we'll have blast with 50k of our friends as you sit back and wait for your minor league basketball team.

Seriously, if that's what you think of ECU football, then what the hell is UNC-w basketball? You play in the freaking CAA! Your jealousy makes you even more stupid than normal.
  24. CAATony

CAATony Guest

And by the way, I said that about Wilmington because i really want you to eat your classless words. I seriously hope you die in a hurricane.
  25. seahawkhoopsforever

Haven't we had this discussion before? CUSA and the CAA have been neck and neck in basketball. I understand it's hard for you to comprehend.

Wishing someone would die? Really? First of all i am not in Wilmington and even if i was i would leave for a big storm, secondly who the hell besides a 5th grader would wish someone else would die, seriously, you should get checked out!

BTW nice tag line, you say since 1999, and then you list out years well before 1999.
  26. CAATony

CAATony Guest

yes, I do wish you would die because you a complete waste of human skin. I wish this upon you because of the fact that you find natural disasters funny and a source of ridicule.

My tag line...the line should go above the draftees etc section.

Could care less about comparing CAA and CUSA basketball...not the point. You call ECU football minor league which is ridiculous but so be it. What does that make UNC-w basketball? Face it you little punk, you would die to have a 50k seat football stadium on your campus sold out Saturday after Saturday during the fall. You'd love to be playing the schedule we play. You'd love to have a football team of any caliber. But you don't, so you try to rash those so far ahead of you. Now, go die please for the good of the world.
  27. seahawkhoopsforever

First of all i could give a rats a$$ about college football, i know i have told you that a million times but you don't seem to get it. Secondly, i agreed it was probably a low blow and i shouldn't have said it, and if it really doesn't apply then what does it matter anyways. I am a waste of human skin, yeah ok i get it, clearly you can judge what someone is or isn't by posting on a message board, might i mention a message board that you really have no need to lurk on. But anyways, go back to your trailer and enjor your minor league football games, some non athletes have to live through minor league sports, clealry you are one of them.
    Glad i could help you fix your tagline... I am done here
  28. CAATony

CAATony Guest

Why don;t you put your money where your mouth is little fella? me and you, three rounds, full contact. You can wear head gear if you'd like. We'll then see who is living through other athletes. Son, i played, I coach and I train athletes on a daily basis. You want some? Come get it.

Now I see you are right back to avoiding questions. If ECU football is minor league, what does that make UNC-w basketball?

it's obvious you don't care about football because you do not know chit about it.
  29. seahawkhoopsforever

You really are the definition of a TROLL less than 5 minutes after i post, BOOM there you are.
    I played 3 sports all my life, including football, I do know about it. I prefer the NFL to college thanks though.I still play and coach basketball. Why do i even bother seriously, i said i was done before, Gone..............
  30. tdog231x

tdog231x New Member

Charlotte fans use to say the same thing, then they marched through campus with fake goalposts demanding football and fought tooth and nail for many years to get it.

When football arrives at the Dub, the delusional fans who think it's a bad idea will be replaced by the new fans and new donors ten-fold.