Cornelius Suspended from GMU for Felony Credit Card Fraud

Discussion in 'Smack' started by Big Green Tribe, Sep 20, 2011.

1. Big Green Tribe

Big Green Tribe New Member

The George Mason basketball team, one of the pre-season CAA favorites, has been dealt would might turn out to be a body blow
    when its talented and exciting 5'10" sparkplug point guard, Andre Cornelius, was arrested last Friday for felony credit card fraud (see story below).

If the charges stick (and he was arraigned and formally charged) he faces jail time and, of course, dismissal from the team and
    Mason.

This is the second major loss for Mason from its four returning starters and their returning sixth man is out for the season with a n injury.

This, of course, would blow up many of the pre-season predictions and a big blow to their new coach and their program.

#MasonMBB guard Andre Cornelius was arrested and will be arraigned tomorrow on felony credit card fraud charges.

Cornelius was released Friday on $1,500 unsecured bond. Arraignment is scheduled for tomorrow 10:30 a.m. at the FFX Courthouse. #MasonMBB.

Mason athletics says he has been suspended by team temporarily pending investigation by authorities and university. #MasonMBB.

2. T-Mac

T-Mac New Member

Typical. Looks like Coach L left for Miami to be in a cleaner program.
  3. SmokinNate

SmokinNate New Member

ODU giving others **** for crime is ironic.

Next year isn't looking as good as it once was.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2011
  4. Wow are you dumb. Name one odu player who has committed a crime.

I can name several gmu players who have. This should be funny.
  5. MasonCAA

MasonCAA Active Member

wow...really the school where players get shot is taking shots....to rich.

Mason has had players get typical college age alcohol related misdemeanors, this is the first type of charge like this.....and the facts are it was his recent ex-gf's card that he put $60. At least that's the facts being past around. No excuses but far from a campus where folks are worried for their lives.
  6. SmokinNate

SmokinNate New Member

7. patriotfan49

patriotfan49 New Member

All the usuals so far, this thread should be entertaining.
  8. ViewFromSec102

ViewFromSec102 New Member

Or ignored. November can't get here soon enough.

Good luck, Mr. Cornelius. I honestly do hope to see you again on the court -- Jan 1 in the Constant Center.
  9. you two morons do realize getting shot isn't against the law right? Jesus.

So let's see if we can go ahead and recap what's going on here....

A player at gmu commits credit card fraud....the same guy who already commuted a misdemeanor in a hotel room

And somehow that makes it ok for GMU fans to defend him by bringing up the fact that someone at odu who had no affiliation with our basketball team got shot off campus.

Unbelievable stupidity but it looks like that little problem is rampant at your school if the actions of your basketball team are any indication of how things go down at gmu.

Thanks for playing.
  10. Ps, I'm absolutely sure no gmu fans made fun of Terrance santil from vcu when he stole an ice cream sandwich right???? Because making fun of santil and then getting all pissy because someone is poking a little fun at cornelius would be insanely hypocritical......hmm, should I bother to pull up the thread or will you two donkeys go away quietly. I guess we will have to see.

And for the record Cornelius transgression makes him look like Tony soprano compared to santil....who you ripped on.
  11. VCUGoRamsGo

VCUGoRamsGo Guest

jesus, it's like some of you guys live for this stuff.

the kid made a mistake and it could have happened anywhere. i don't get the whole "the team i root for has more integrity than the team you root for, nanny-nanny-boo-boo" arguments.

we're not exactly talking about the bliss/dennehy situation here.
  12. patriotfan49

patriotfan49 New Member

Good points and I agree. Also note the two posters who are posting here, TMAC and RR for what its worth.
  13. Yeah, because no gmu fans or vcu fans have ever taken any jabs at odu for crimes being committed around our campus right?
    Are you seriously arguing that?

Hell masoncaa was supposed to be banned for life for making fun of Brandon Johnson getting shot. In this case, a gmu player actually committed a crime and because odu fans are treating him with little kid gloves, suddenly we are the ones who are wrong?

Give me a freaking break. You know damn well if this had happened at odu some of your fans would be ripping us.

Luckily, we actually recruit players with integrity so we don't have to worry about those problems.
  14. bravesfan

bravesfan New Member

After reading through Razor's brain dump, I can only come to one conclusion: you're all morons, idiots, donkeys, and stupid.
  15. patriotfan49

patriotfan49 New Member

Im not arguing anything or implying anything. Obviously no matter where this happened there would be at least a few fans taking jabs. Those few fans who would do so would say enough about their character and you making sure you are one of those few fans says plenty about you. But to take this as far as classifying the types of players we recruit, the integrity of all players, coaching staff, students and alumni is far, far fetched. Also to act like theft doesnt happen on every campus is also far fetched. So go ahead and act like ODU is immune to these types of things.

Like Goramsgo said, the kid made a mistake and will be responsible for it, it could happen to any player from any university. GMU is just lucky enough that one of our guys did it and now we have to take the ribbing and embarrassment that comes with it.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  16. VCUGoRamsGo

VCUGoRamsGo Guest

don't care. it's ridiculous whether it comes from you, a mason fan, or a vcu fan. but hey, if it somehow helps you handle your own insecurities while vicariously living through teenagers on your favorite college hoops team, by all means carry on.

they did it, so i will do it back! brilliant logic, like always.
  17. Mountainman Monarch

Mountainman Monarch New Member

I see it the same way I see Vick - no special treatment just because he's an athelete.

Had anyone of us been sitting infront of the councils of our schools for that, we'd be suspended.

EDIT: May I recommend a "gimme my credit card" chant next year against GMU?
  18. gmutom

gmutom New Member

So just to sum things up: This thread was started by a troll from W&M (a program that will never play in the NCAA Tournament regardless of how many Mason players get arrested), and the first person to chime in is a wedding photographer who ripped off a client for much more than the $60 Cornelius stole.

Carry on...
  19. patriotfan49

patriotfan49 New Member

1. He is currently indefinitely suspended
    2. If he makes it back on the court I would 100% expect some funny chants, but that one is a little lame. Maybe find a better one or make a good sign
  20. Big Green Tribe

Big Green Tribe New Member

"So just to sum things up: This thread was started by a troll from W&M (a program that will never play in the NCAA Tournament regardless of how many Mason players get arrested), and the first person to chime in is a wedding photographer who ripped off a client for much more than the $60 Cornelius stole."

RE THE ABOVE SILLY COMMENT
    Cornelius is a major player in the CAA and its major news when he gets arrested and might have ended his basketball career. I made
    no editorial comments on a situation that might occur anywhere. But it does heavily impact GMU this upcoming season.

And, for heavens sake, there's already pages of discussion on your own boards and it was also a major story in yesterday's Washington Post. So I guess they're also "trolls".
  21. gmutom

gmutom New Member

FBG, the story has been going on for two days, yet you are the only person who decided it warranted discussion here on the General Discussion boards. Based on your history, forgive me for finding your motivation suspicious.

As for how this might affect the CAA, how about we wait to see what develops? His penalty by the court will determine his penalty on the court. Mason has always been very strict about punishments, so my guess based on the charges (no pun intended) is that he will at a minimum miss the OOC portion of our schedule. If that's the case, it will be a severe blow to any chance we have to build a legitimate at-large resume.

If he returns after a suspension, I fully expect Mason to be in the top tier of the league as we always are, along with Drexel, VCU and ODU. Regardless of what happens, though, W&M will be on the outside looking in. Hopefully, that helps contribute to any discussion you were pretending to have by starting this thread.
  22. Mountainman Monarch

I'm all for ideas... anyone? anyone?

"Don't you swipe it!!!! Don't you swipe it!!!!" (as GMU players take free throws)
  23. Hugh Akston

Hugh Akston New Member

That

Was

AWESOME!!!

Something Old and Something New.
    Something Borrowed and Something paid for but never delivered because of problems at the factory in Europe for over 2 years.
  24. Honestly.....it amazes me that a. Gmu fans act like no one should care about this and b. They wouldn't be doing the exact same thing if this happened to odu.

That's called hutzpah kids. The kid committed a crime, he'll have to pay the consequences. It doesn't matter how hard gmu fans try to cover for him, even going to the point of attacking other posters in this thread because, gasp, they actually said something about his criminal activities!, is going to change that fact.

He will get his day in court, the only real question is will he get another day ON the court! Right, see what I did there? Lol.

I don't feel sorry for him, he committed a crime, why should I? Oh right, because he's a gmu player! Give me a feeling break. Like I said, gmu fans didn't take it easy on santil and they sure as hell have no problem taking shots at odu for crime that happens near our campus, but when one of their own players gets busted committing a felony, it's out of bounds to bring it up on a sports message board.

Get real.
  25. Mountainman Monarch

K, so what happens when GMU commits a charge this year?

"felons, felons, felons"
  26. Hugh Akston

Hugh Akston New Member

The guy who was never, ever, ever going to come back to these boards talking about Cornelius never coming back.

Oh the irony.
  27. patriotfan49

patriotfan49 New Member

With how many times you use that phrase "Im amazed, or it amazes me" to open your posts Im cant believe there is anything left that does amazes you. Again you are resorting to the same tactics in almost all of your draining threads.

Yes, everybody does or at least should realize whoever had a player that did this would be made fun of, no matter what school. Since it happened at Mason we should totally expect people to make jokes. But people like you who make their stupid posts making blanket statements and generalizations about our sudden long criminal history and lack of integrity are different. Look at Mountainman and what he is saying, he is just doing schtick and it is kind of funny. You on the other hand are here to instigate and throw out broad ignorant conclusions and bait the usual Mason posters into an argument as you usually do and you and those few Mason posters will turn this into a million page thread about random things and arguments and make fun of each other until it is finally locked its just you two.

If you would actually take time to have a useful conversation about it or understand what is being said on our boards because we know your just dying to post there, most people feel the same way as you. He committed a crime and deserves to accept whatever comes of it. No sympathy, no kid gloves, no covering or anything. Whatever happens to him happens. Do we want him back on the court, obviously! But only if everything is cleared and works out. If not he made his choice and will have to live and learn. Im sure you will quote this and call it all stupid, retarded, hilarious and start some other fabricated meaning in your next post.
  28. relaxing

relaxing Active Member

Which team had the stealing pillows from a hotel incident?
  29. T-Mac

T-Mac New Member

I was never convicted of anything. Charges were never brought against me. The news station that ran the story pulled the story within 2.5 hours from their main site and deleted it from Google's registry as soon as they could. They acknowledged that they were in the wrong in a written statement. We'll see if Mr. Cornelius is an actual criminal or if someone is just making false accusations about him.

Way to attempt to deflect the attention away from your boy. Defending a felon should be below you, Tom. It says a lot about your character that you don't think it's wrong to commit fraud and larceny.
  30. P8triotfan4life

P8triotfan4life New Member

you might not have been charged with anything. But you're always going to have to live with the burden know that you failed to produce the services what you're clients paid for.